Chapter 22 - The Ages of Nation States
Things you need to know:
- Why did the Ottoman Empire attempt to reform itself between 1839 and 1914?
- What were two specific results of the Ottoman Empire's attempt to reform itself?
- What were the objectives of the Paris Commune?
- Why didn't the abolition of serfdom satisfy the Russian peasantry?
- Crimean War
- Irish Question
- Dreyfus Affair
- Napoleon III
- Austro-Prussian War
- Franco-Prussian War
- Compromise of 1867 (Dual Monarchy)
- North German Confederation
- Ems Telegram
- Second Reform Act of 1867
- Romantic Republicans
- Third Republic
- Emile Zola
- February Patent
- People's Will
- Alexander II
- October Diploma
- Marshal MacMahon
- Danish War
- Why was it so difficult to unify Italy?
- In Italy what groups wanted unification?
- Why did Cavour succeed in unifying Italy? Provide at least two examples.
- What contribution did Garibaldi make toward Italian unification?
- How and why did Bismarck unit Germany? Provide at least three examples.
- How did German unification affect the rest of Europe?
- What events led to the establishment of the Third Republic in France?
- How did the Dreyfus affair affect the Third Republic?
- Why did the Hapsburgs agree to the Compromise of 1867?
- What reforms did Alexander II institute in Russia? Did they work?
Create a T-Chart that compares and contrasts the policies of Disraeli and Gladstone. Explain how each example is liberal or conservative. Please have at least two similarities and two differences.