Chapter 19: Napoleon and Romanticism
What you need to know:
- How did Napoleon rise to power?
- What were his major domestic achievement?
- Did his rule fulfill or betray the French Revolution?
- What regions made up Napoleon's realm? Did his administration show foresight or was the empire a burden he could not afford?
- Why did Napoleon decide to invade Russia? Why did the operation fail?
- What were the results of the Congress of Vienna? Was the Vienna settlement a success?
- Why did Romantic writers champion feelings over reason?
- How did the Romantic concept of religion differ from Reformation Protestantism and Enlightenment deism?
Constitution of the Year VIII:
Concordat of 1801:
Lord Nelson/Trafalgar 1805:
Treaty of Tilsit of 1807:
Austrian Archduchess Marie Louise:
Battle of Nations:
Treaty of Chaumon/Quadruple Alliance:
Congress of Vienna:
The Hundred Days: