The Transatlantic Economy, Trade Wars, and Colonial Rebellion
Things you should know:
- Which European country was most successful in establishing a mercantile empire? Least successful? Why?
- How did the triangle of trade function among the Americas, Europe, and Africa?
- What changes did the Bourbon monarch institute in the Spanish Empire?
- Why was the plantation system unprecedented? How did the plantation system contribute to the inhumane treatment of slaves?
- What was the relationship between American colonial radicals and contemporary political radicals in Great Britain?
For this chapter you will actually create your own list of terms. You will need fifteen terms. Also, please remember to number your terms. Please pick terms throughout the entire chapter, not just from the beginning of the chapter.
- What were the fundamental ideas associated with mercantile theory? Did they work?
- What were the main points of conflict between Britain and France in North America, the West Indies, and India?
- How was the Spanish colonial empire in the Americas organized and managed?
- What was the nature of slavery in the Americas? How was it linked to economies of the Americas, Europe, and Africa?
- What were the results of the Seven Years’ War?
- Which countries emerged in a stronger position and why as a result of the Seven Years’ War?
- How did European ideas and political developments influence the American colonists? How did their actions, in turn, influence Europe?