Ch 15: Society and Economy under the
Old Regime of the Eighteenth Century
Things you should know:
- What kinds of privileges separated European aristocrats from other social groups?
- How did their privileges and influence affect other people living in the countryside?
- What was the condition of serfs in central and Eastern Europe?
- Why did the peasants revolt in the eighteenth century?
- Why did Europe's population increase in the eighteenth century?
- How did population growth affect consumption?
- How did consumers contribute to the Industrial Revolution?
- How did the lifestyle of the upper class compare to that of the middle and lower classes?
- What were some of the causes of urban revolts?
- Where were the largest Jewish populations in the eighteenth century?
- What were the sources of prejudices against Jews?